In this article you will find out everything you need to know about Cellfina wilmslow, including what it is, what to expect during the treatment, and how long it takes to heal.
What is Cellfina?
Cellfina is a minimally invasive, non-surgical treatment aimed at reducing the appearance of cellulite dimples. It is the only treatment that has been found by the FDA to be effective for the treatment of cellulite in the buttock and thigh area.
What is cellulite?
You may be surprised to learn that cellulite is actually very common, with up to 98% of women (and 10% of men) saying they have some – regardless of their weight – and it is one of the most common problems that women seek treatment for. Cellulite dimples can be one of the most frustrating things to appear on a body often leaving the person feeling they have tried everting to rid the appearance. Cellulite cannot be targeted through diet and exercise alone and also has a complex association with aging, heredity, hormones, skin texture, body shape, muscle tone and weight, so very fit people can have it too.
There are three key factors that cause the appearance of cellulite: First, the connective tissue bands beneath the skin surrounding the fat cells can become tight and inflexible, pulling the skin down to create depressions. These are called fibrous connective cords that tether the skin to the underlying muscle, with the fat lying between. As fat cells accumulate, they push up against the skin, while the long, tough cords pull down. This creates an uneven surface or dimpling. Second, pockets of fat that have become trapped by the rigid bands push up against skin causing the bumping. Finally, thin skin or skin laxity issues can make the appearance of cellulite appear worse.
How does Cellfina work?
Due to the way cellulite is formed, creams and other surface treatments will not be effective alone. Any effective treatment has to do more than just target fat or the skin.
What Cellfina does is eliminate cellulite dimples by meticulously cutting and releasing these fibrous bands to not only smooth the skin out, but also improve the contour of the bottom, thighs and hips.
The number of cellulite dimples that will disappear after a cellfina manchester treatment will vary depending on your assessment which is always in collaboration depending on how many you would like us to treat.
The great thing about Cellfina is that it treats the root cause of cellulite, making it one of the few cellulite treatments which is actually considered effective.
What happens during the Cellfina treatment?
Prior to the Cellfina treatment, areas with cellulite dimpling will be marked by the aesthetician. Then the area will be numbed with a local anaesthetic to ensure you feel comfortable throughout the entire procedure. Once we are happy that you are comfortable, we will start the Cellfina treatment – either by targeting individual or closely clustered dimples.
The Cellfina disc is placed over the area to be treated and it will then vacuum up the skin in that area. Next, a small blade is inserted just beneath the skin and moved backwards and forwards using a motor in order to cut the fibrous bands – this part of the treatment lasts seconds. The blade is then removed, the vacuum is released, and the disc is moved over the next area. This process continues until all of the cellulite dimples have been treated.
The incisions caused by the blade will not need to be stitched, although you will be required to wear a bandage afterwards to aid healing and compression. Watch Dr Rosh talk you through this revolutionary cellfina manchester treatment here.
What to expect from a Cellfina Treatment?
We advise you DO NOT drink alcohol and do not take ibuprofen up to 24 ours before your procedure. No other special measures need to be taken by the client before a Cellfina treatment
- Cellulite dimpling will be marked
- Local anaesthetic will be administered
- The Cellfina disc will be placed over a cellulite dimple
- The disk will suction the skin to its surface to aid stabilisation
- A motorised blade will be inserted into the skin and moved backwards and forwards to cut the fibrous bands
- The blade will then be removed, the suction released, and the disk is then repositioned onto the next dimple
Immediately after Treatment
You may experience some bruising, swelling and minor discomfort immediately after the treatment. The majority of our patients drive or take a train home straight afterwards. We encourage you to plan for your homewards journey with comfort accordingly.
1 to 7 Days after Treatment (and beyond)
- You may continue to experience bruising and swelling for up to 2 weeks after treatment
- A compression garment (issued by KLNIK) should be worn for up to 4 weeks after treatment
- Most of our patients do return to work the next day, this will of course depend on your work so we would expect you to be able to return to work after 1 to 2 days
- You can resume exercise as soon as you can tolerate it, we would advise to avoid any strenuous exercise for 2 weeks.
What are the Pros and Cons of Cellfina Treatment?
The pros of the Cellfina Treatment include:
- It treats the structural cause of cellulite in order to smooth dimples in the skin, once cut they don’t grow back.
- It is performed on-site and the procedure itself usually takes around an hour
- You may start to see results in as little as a week, and results continue to evolving showing improvement at 3 years post treatment.
- There are no serious side effects associated with Cellfina, however you may experience soreness and bruising after treatment
- The incisions made during the Cellfina process are only about 2mm wide and so don’t require stitches, and wont usually scar. This means you should experience minimal incision marks and they should heal quickly, with minimal downtime
There are some cons associated with Cellfina, which include:
- It can several months to a year to experience the final results
- It cannot reduce the fat or tighten loose skin
- It cannot be used on inner thighs as cellulite that appears here is usually due to skin laxity
- Bruising can last up to a month, so it’s not a good idea to have treatment in the four weeks before you want to show off your body
Who would be considered a good candidate for Cellfina?
The ideal candidate for the Cellfina treatment would be someone who has cellulite dimples on their buttocks and the back of their thighs. It wouldn’t be such a good treatment for someone whose cellulite dimples are caused by herniated subdermal fat of skin laxity. We can discuss alternatives treatments that may best suit you at your consultation.
To maintain the results of your Cellfina it is a good idea to be at a stable weight. Large fluctuations in weight may lead to less obvious dimples becoming more noticeable, or new cellulite being formed. If you experience significant weight loss this can lead to increased skin laxity which can also lead to surface irregularities. The Baldan T-Shape Radio frequency may assist your cellulite transformation with KLNIK as an alternative.
What happens after a Cellfina treatment?
You should be able to go about your daily activities as soon as you leave our clinic, although avoiding strenuous exercise (especially those that target the gluteal muscle) is recommended for at least two weeks.
You will be padded and bandaged on the treated area, this will collect any excess fluid from the liquid anaesthetic and catch any minimal bleeding that may occur. We recommended wearing dark and loose fitting, comfortable clothing to leave KLNIK.
On top of this you should wear a snug (but not tight) compression garment for two weeks, as not only will it hold your dressings in place, but it will also help to reduce the amount of swelling you may see.
How soon will you be able to see the results of your Cellina treatment?
Although some people have seen results in as little as three days, it can take up to two weeks to start to see results with the final results taking even longer to appear.
Swelling and bruising are likely to hide any results for the first few days after treatment at least, but as they subside you should start to be able to see a difference. As with any treatment, however, you need to be patient and we offer supportive aftercare to enhance your results.
Cellfina is a once in a lifetime treatment that shouldn’t have to be repeated. However, if you have a lot of dimples, and we treat the worst ones, the less significant ones may seem more obvious afterwards, if this is the case then you may want to opt for a second treatment.
For more information on Cellfina, or any of our other treatments (such as coolsculpting and the T shape Radio frequency) please call us on 01625 362 200.